You can help someone who was
willing to risk their life for yours and our way of life!
Be on a Team for Outreach to Vets. You might spend a few hours on a weekend setting up card racks, or going out in the community putting those racks on store counters or bulletin boards.
Into Social Media? Join our team and make a real difference!
Have Sales, Marketing, Account or Relationship Management experience or aspirations? Your help would be invaluable in keeping colleges and organizations up to date regarding what we can do for their vets, for FREE.
Are you and Grant Writer, Fund Raiser, Researcher or Networker? We need you!
No amount of advertising will ever replace the voice of a friend.
From talking with someone one-on–one, to talking with any group, or giving out cards with our contact information so that others who may know of a vet who is having trouble at work, or with drinking, or drugs, or pain, or making the rent, or with relationships, can pass them on.
Perhaps it is talking to your employer or school about reaching out to vets on their staff, or hiring a Vet?
- You or we can talk with, or make presentations to groups you may be part of, such as PTA, Faith Group, Book Club, service organizations, etc., to help reach out to veterans who’ve Earned a better life.
- Contacting stores, colleges, etc., to make appointments to talk with them
- You can be part of our outreach team, doing data and mailing work.
- Putting posters and business cards on a company bulletin board and in store windows. Of course the business will have pre-agreed to let you do it.
- Your turn. Suggest any way you can think of to get the word out that there is a better life possible for vets.
Please call Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet ext. 1, or use this email form for suggestion on how and what to say. You will even have our business cards to hand out so people don’t have to remember where to go.
Back to the top
Funding for the outreach and information programs we do for ourselves and other organizations does NOT come from the VA. It is all from private donations to Know A Vet.
YOU can support our work, helping those who have risked their lives to save ours and our way of life.
Any amount will be greatly appreciated.
NO monetary donations should ever be given to anyone claiming to represent Friends of the Vet Center, or Know A Vet.
Or, you can send a checks payable to and mail to:
Know A Vet
211 Hope Street, Box 698
Mountain View, CA 94042
And please remember to ask your employer if they have matching funds. MANY companies do, and that can double your donation as well as putting Know A Vet on their radar. Yes, we are certified by Benevity. And our tax ID is 82-1566302
KNOW A COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION?
If you work for a company or belong to an organization there are other ways you might be able to help.
If you go to those organizations, you may be able to promote employment or internships of veterans, or outreach and networking, sponsorship, etc.