There are so many ways for you to sponsor an event for Know A Vet, that we should just sit down and talk about seeing what is best for you. That could be:
- Sponsoring an event and being there to tell hundreds of people how you have been helping veterans.
- Providing a free venue for one of our events and again, being there to tell hundreds of people how you have been helping veterans.
Please contact us so we can get in touch at your convenience. For general discussions, feel free to call (833) 566-9283, that’s (833) KnowAVet.
Outreach & Networking
- Chances are some of your employees either are, or know a vet in their circle of family and friends. Every contact with your employees, reminding them of the free, confidential help available to vets and even active duty military and their family and caregivers, is a chance to significantly better their lives and that of those around them. Please consider a Veteran’s Awareness Week. Let us give you business cards, holders and posters with our website contact and that of the San Jose Veterans Center for your bulletin boards, or any and every other way you can think of to help veterans come in from the mostly hidden pain they suffer every day and night. We will be happy to design and produce material for you.
- You or your department may be members of associations, schools, faith-based or other organizations. You can invite us to speak at an event, or ask them to allow us to provide veteran’s outreach material to them. We need every voice and heart in order to help get the word out to every veteran from WWII to those returning today, that there is help to get back to living their healthiest, happiest, most productive life.
- Everywhere you have people dealing with the public, you could allow them to carry a few of our outreach cards in case they come in contact with a vet or their family member.
- We would be happy to supply your service counters with display cardholders and posters.
- Add your own ideas here!
Neil Lichtman is your contact. Just contact us so he can get in touch at your convenience. Feel free to call Know A vet at (833) 566-9283, that’s (833) KnowAVet.
Employment or Internships
Veterans with an Honorable Discharge have discipline, train fast, and demonstrate an absolute attention to the details of their job! After all, if they make a mistake, they or a friend may die.
Civilian jobs and careers are usually not as critical, but vets can’t help doing them as if they were.
Hiring vets just makes good business sense. They are quick learners, used to working with high technology, take fewer sick days, know how to work well in groups as well as on their own, and are very comfortable with change.
Please go to the Department of Labor page, America’s Heroes at Work Hire a Veteran or the veteran recruiters on our training page.
Be on a team for outreach to vets. You might spend a few hours on a weekend setting up card racks, or going out in the community putting those racks on store counters or bulletin boards.
Into Social Media? Join our team and make a real difference!
Do you have sales, marketing, account or relationship management experience or aspirations? Your help would be invaluable in keeping colleges and organizations up to date regarding what we can do for their vets for free.
Are you a grant writer, fund raiser, researcher or networker? We need you!
To talk with Know A vet (The Friends of The vet Center), about how you can help, contact us or call (833) 566-9283, that’s (833) KnowAVet.
Services and Physical Donations
Vets returning from war need many things:
- Your department may have old laptops or computers or printers to be recycled or trashed. Vets would be extremely grateful for the ability to search job and training sites, health and support group websites as well as print resumes in the privacy of their own home instead of the public library.
- You may have vehicles that your are retiring. An old vehicle to you is a dream come true to a returning vet.
- Perhaps you want to sponsor a departmental volunteer group and have Know A Vet as one of the causes your people choose to help.
- If your department has training programs with an empty seat or two, please contact us so that we might be able to offer it to a vet.
To talk with Know A Vet, about how you can help, contact us, or call (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet
With all of the events and services on this site, you can see that a lot of space and resources are needed. That will continue to grow as we develop more programs in support of veterans.
- Perhaps you have an extra storage area where we can store supplies between events.
- Perhaps you have vehicles, from golf carts to small trucks, that we can borrow for events (usually on weekends or holidays), to move vets from parking lots, or transport equipment and supplies to venues.
- Perhaps you even have or know of a venue with good parking that you can get donated or your department can sponsor for a Friday through a Sunday event.
Neil Lichtman is your contact. Just contact us so he can get in touch at your convenience. Feel free to call (833) 566-9283, that’s (833) KnowAVet.