PLEASE HELP GIVE A LIFE BACK TO A VET!
Would you like KnowAVet to create a program for your class or school, or perhaps just for your vet students or staff and faculty. To talk with one of us, about how we can help, please use this form, or contact us at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet.
EMPLOYMENT or INTERNSHIPS
Veterans with an Honorable Discharge have discipline, train fast and demonstrate an absolute attention to the details of their job! After all, if they make a mistake, they or a friend may die.
Civilian jobs and careers are usually not as critical, but Vets can’t help doing them as if they were.
Hiring Vets just makes good business sense. They are quick learners, used to working with high technology, take fewer sick days, know how to work well in groups as well as on their own, and are very comfortable with change.
OUTREACH / NETWORKING
- Chances are some of you employees either are, or know a Vet in their circle of family and friends. Every contact with your employees, reminding them of the Free, Confidential help available to Vets and even Active Duty military AND their family and caregivers, is a chance to significantly better their lives and that of those around them.
Please consider a Veteran’s Awareness Week. Let us give you business cards, holders and posters with our web contact and that of the San Jose Vet Center, for your bulletin boards; or run a note on one week’s pay stubs; or any and every other way you can think of to help Veterans come in from the mostly hidden pain they suffer every day and night. We will be happy to design and produce material for you.
- You or your your school may be members of associations, faith based or other organizations. You can invite us to speak at an event, or ask them to allow us to provide Veteran’s outreach material to them. We need every voice and heart, in order to help get the word out to every veteran from WWII to those returning today, that there is help to get back to living their healthiest, happiest, most productive life.
- If you have a retail or service outlet, let us supply register display cardholders.
- Add your own ideas here!
With 16 events a year, we need volunteers to help with;
- Traffic Control
- Data Entry
- Office assistance, from greeting to correspondence and follow up
- Outreach to Vets and/or Volunteers
- Just about any skill you are willing to share
SERVICES AND PHYSICAL DONATIONS
Vets returning from war need many things.
- Your school may have old laptops or computers to be recycled. Vets would be extremely grateful for the ability to search job and training sites, health and support group websites as well as print résumés, in the privacy of their own home instead of the public library.
- You may have vehicles that you are retiring. An old vehicle to you is a dream come true to a returning vet.
- Perhaps you want to sponsor a school volunteer group and have The San Jose Vet Center as one of the causes your people choose to help.
- If your school has classes with an empty seat or two, please contact us so that we might be able to offer it to a vet.
To talk with one of us, about how you can help, please use this form, or contact us at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet.
All donations are tax-deductible.
With all of the events and services on this site, you can see that a lot of space and resources are needed. That will continue to grow as we develop more programs in support of veterans.
- Perhaps you have an extra storage area where we can store supplies between events.
- Perhaps you have vehicles, from golf carts to small trucks, that we can borrow for events (usually on weekends or Holidays), to move Vets from Parking lots, or transport equipment and supplies to venues.
- Perhaps you even have or know of a Venue with good parking, that you can get donated, or your school can sponsor, for a Friday through a Sunday event?