As an up and coming nonprofit organization, we hit the ground running and learned new things along the way. As we end 2018, here’s a look back at what we have done over the past year.
- Launched our core service and presented our mission and vision to the United Veterans Council of Santa Clara County
. Visitedand hosted events at colleges to share our services and educate students about their benefits and options, as Veterans.
- New partnerships with companies who are Veteran-centered; offering services in education, employment search, and entrepreneurship.
- Work for Warriors (WFW) is a State and Federally funded FREE Job Placement Program in California. The intent of the employment initiative branded “Work for Warriors” is aimed at assisting Post 9/11 Veterans, Active National Guard, Active Reserve members, Spouses, and Gold Star Families in finding civilian employment in their region of California.
- NPower is creating pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities.
- ZipRecruiter created a Veterans resource page to help find veteran-friendly jobs and career help such as career advice or interview tips.
- Connected and partnered with organizations to raise awareness on the difficulties Veterans face while transitioning to their civilian lives..
- Our core team attended training events to help propel us forward.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Retention
- Nonprofit Marketing with Social Media
- Customer Relations Management (CRM)
- Outreach events to the community
- Launched our Facebook page
- Real-time information on topics about Veteran resources, benefits, employment, education, events, and more.
- Share our photos of activities we do and participate in.
- Share information from our community partners.
- Know A Vet News
- Our weekly newsletter engages with those who are not on social media.
- Share resources and benefits news curated from community partners and online sources.
- Thanks to a fantastic set of donors and volunteers, we were able to provide a hot lunch to the 297th ASMC team who were mobilized to assist the Butte County/Paradise fire citizens. You can view the album here.
We are looking forward to what 2019 will bring.