Table of Contents
Whether you are an individual, business, governmental entity, educational organization, faith-based organization, family member, friend, or co-worker of a Veteran, you can make a profound difference in the quality of life, and perhaps even life itself, of a Veteran.
Employment or Internships
Veterans with an Honorable Discharge have discipline, train fast, and demonstrate an absolute attention to the details of their job! After all, if they make a mistake, they or a friend may die.
Hiring Veterans just makes good business sense. They are quick learners, used to working with high technology, take fewer sick days, know how to work well in groups as well as on their own, and are very comfortable with change.
Find just the right Veteran for the job at 833-566-9283 X 702 or go to the Department of Labor’s America’s Heroes at Work.
There are so many ways for you to sponsor an event for Know A Vet, that we should just sit down and talk about seeing what is best for you. That could be:
- Sponsoring an event and being there to tell hundreds of people how you have been helping Veterans.
- Providing a free venue for one of our events and again, being there to tell hundreds of people how you have been helping Veterans.
For general discussions, feel free to call the Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet.
Many of you know a Veteran in their circle of family and friends. Every contact with your people, reminding them of the Free, Confidential help available to Veterans and even active duty military and their family and caregivers, is a chance to significantly better their lives and that of those around them.
Please consider a Veteran’s Awareness Week. Let us give you business cards, holders, and posters with our web contact for your bulletin boards, or any and every other way you can think of to help Veterans come in from the mostly hidden pain they suffer every day and night. We will be happy to design and produce material for you.
You or your community may be members of associations, schools, companies or other organizations. You can invite us to speak at an event, or ask them to allow us to provide Veteran’s outreach material to them. We need every voice and heart, in order to help get the word out to every Veteran from WWII to those returning today, that there is help to get back to living their healthiest, happiest, most productive life.
Perhaps you work with or know of a soup kitchen, pantry or shelter where we can provide outreach ranging from posters to sitting and talking with people.
Add your own ideas here!
To talk with us, about how you can help, contact us or call (833) 566-9283. That’s (833) KnowAVet Ext 2.
Services and Physical Donations
Veterans returning from war need many things:
- Your organization may have old laptops or computers to be recycled. Vets would be extremely grateful for the ability to search job and training sites, health and support group websites as well as print résumés in the privacy of their own home instead of the public library.
- You may have vehicles that you are retiring. An old vehicle to you is a dream come true to a returning Veteran.
- Perhaps you want to sponsor a school volunteer group and have Know A Vet as one of the causes your people choose to help.
- If your school has classes with an empty seat or two, please contact us so that we might be able to offer it to a Veteran.
To talk with one of us about how you can help, please contact us or call (833) 566-9283. That’s (833) KnowAVet.