Tapping VA Resources to Overcome Homelessness
Veterans who faced homelessness describe their experiences in restoring stability to their lives. The circumstances that left them with no place to live vary. Yet each took advantage of resources that help Veterans find counseling, support, work solutions, and housing. Reaching out for support was a sign of strength and improved their lives.
Homelessness for Veterans
Look at the VA’s page on Homelessness to find more on how the VA can help, including:
- What should I know about homelessness?
- What should I know about being homeless?
- What help is available for homeless Veterans?
Homelessness for Everyone
- Type “Homelessness” in the search box at FindHelp
- Homeless Shelter Directory lists thousands of shelters and Social Services agencies.
- Transitional Housing can help you find Transitional and Sober Housing as well as other resources.
- Find Abuse Shelters and much more. See our page on Domestic Abuse. If you don’t have time to read it, get to a safe place and call 911.
Learn More – Get More
Learn more about what it feels like to live your best life. Go to our Self Help page to explore other issues that can bring you “All The Way Home.”
Also, check out the Claims and Appeals topic to maximize compensation and benefits for yourself AND your loved ones.
It’s your turn to get your best life back! You EARNED it with your service!