Be on a Team for Outreach to Vets. You might spend a few hours on a weekend setting up card racks, or going out in the community putting those racks on store counters or bulletin boards.
Into Social Media? Join our team and make a real difference!
Have Sales, Marketing, Account or Relationship Management experience or aspirations? Your help would be invaluable in keeping colleges and organizations up to date regarding what we can do for their vets, for FREE.
Are you and Grant Writer, Fund Raiser, Researcher or Networker? We need you!
To talk with Know A Vet (The Friends of The Vet Center), about how you can help, please use this form, or contact us at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet, ext 1
No amount of advertising will ever replace the voice of a friend.
From talking with someone one-on–one, to talking with any group, or giving out cards with our contact information so that others who may know of a vet who is having trouble at work or with drinking or drugs or pain or making the rent or with relationships, can pass them on.
Perhaps it is talking to your employer or school about reaching out to vets on their staff, or hiring a Vet?
- You or we can talk with, or make presentations to groups you may be part of, such as PTA, Faith Group, Book Club, service organizations, even grade school classes, etc., to help reach out to veterans who deserve a better life.
- Contacting stores, colleges,, etc., to make appointments to talk with them
- Putting posters in store windows
- You can be part of our outreach team, doing data and mailing work, or speaking with groups, businesses, or faith based organizations.
- Putting posters and business cards on a company bulletin board and tracking them for refills. Of course the business will have already agreed to let you do it.
- Your turn. Suggest any way you can think of to get the word out that there is a better life possible for vets.
Please call Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet, or use this email form, for suggestion on how and what to say. You will even have our business cards to hand out so people don’t have to remember where to go.
Back to the top
YOU can support our work, helping those who have served, to return to civilian life!
Funding for the outreach and information programs we do for ourselves and other organizations does NOT come from the VA. It is all from private donations to Know A Vet. Any amount will be greatly appreciated.
NO monetary donations should ever be given to anyone claiming to represent Friends of the Vet Center, Know A Vet, or the San Jose Vet Center.
Or, you can send a checks payable to and mail to:
Friends Of The Vet Center
211 Hope Street
Mountain View, CA 94042
And please remember to ask your employer if they have matching funds. MANY companies do, and that can double your donation as well as putting Friends of the Vet Center and Know A Vet on their radar.
KNOW A COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION?
If you work for a company or belong to an organization there are other ways you might be able to help.
If you go to those organizations, you may be able to promote employment or internships of veterans, or outreach and networking, sponsorship, etc.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Just give the Friends of The Vet Center (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet, or use this email form and we will help you plan your discussion, and if you like, we will go with you to back you up with full details.>
Back to the top