Be on a Team for Outreach to Vets. You might spend a few hours on a weekend setting up card racks or going out in the community putting those racks on store counters or bulletin boards.
Into social media? Join our team and make a real difference!
Have sales, marketing, account or relationship management experience or aspirations? Your help would be invaluable in keeping colleges and organizations up to date regarding what we can do for their veterans for free.
Are you a grant writer, fund raiser, researcher or networker? We need you!
To talk with Know A Vet (The Friends of The Vet Center) about how you can help, please contact us, or call (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet.
No amount of advertising will ever replace the voice of a friend.
From talking with someone one-on–one to talking with any group, or giving out cards with our contact information so that others who may know of a veteran who is having trouble at work or with drinking or drugs or pain or making the rent or with relationships, can pass them on.
Perhaps it is talking to your employer or school about reaching out to veterans on their staff, or hiring a Vet?
- You or we can talk with, or make presentations to groups you may be part of, such as PTA, Faith Group, Book Club, service organizations, even grade school classes, etc., to help reach out to veterans who deserve a better life.
- Contacting stores, colleges,, etc., to make appointments to talk with them
- Putting posters in store windows
- You can be part of our outreach team, doing data and mailing work, or speaking with groups, businesses, or faith based organizations.
- Putting posters and business cards on a company bulletin board and tracking them for refills. Of course the business will have already agreed to let you do it.
- Your turn. Suggest any way you can think of to get the word out that there is a better life possible for vets.
Please call Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283, that’s (833) KnowAVet, or contact us for suggestion on how and what to say. You will even have our business cards to hand out so people don’t have to remember where to go.
You can support our work helping those who have served to return to civilian life!
Funding for the outreach and information programs we do for ourselves and other organizations does not come from the VA. It is all from private donations to Know A Vet. Any amount will be greatly appreciated.
No monetary donations should ever be given to anyone claiming to represent Friends of the Vet Center, Know A Vet, or the San Jose Vet Center.
And please remember to ask your employer if they have matching funds. Many companies do, and that can double your donation as well as putting Friends of the Vet Center and Know A Vet on their radar.
Know a Company or Organization?
If you work for a company or belong to an organization, there are other ways you might be able to help.
If you go to those organizations, you may be able to promote employment or internships of veterans or outreach and networking, sponsorship, etc.
You are not alone. Just call the Friends of The Vet Center (833) 566-9283, that’s (833) KnowAVet or contact us, and we will help you plan your discussion, and if you like, we will go with you to back you up with full details.
Make a One-time or Monthly Donation
If you prefer to send a check, please make it payable to “Know A Vet?” and send it to:
Know A Vet?
211 Hope Street
PO Box 698
Mountain View, CA 94042
All donations are made to support our general mission and are Tax Deductible under IRS rules. Donations processed through PayPal.
To talk with The Friends of The Vet Center about how you can help, contact us, or call (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet.