Employment or Internships
Veterans with an Honorable Discharge have discipline, train fast, and demonstrate an absolute attention to the details of their job! After all, if they make a mistake, they or a friend might die.
Civilian jobs and careers are usually not as critical, but vets can’t help doing them as if they were.
Hiring vets just makes good business sense. They are quick learners, used to working with high technology, take fewer sick days, know how to work well in groups as well as on their own, and are very comfortable with change.
And, there may be tax benefits for you. Talk with a KnowAVet representative about how you can find just the right vet for the job, at 833.566.9283 ext 702, or go to the Department of Labor page America’s Heroes at Work Hire a Veteran or check out the Veteran recruiters on our training page.
Outreach / Networking
Chances are some of your employees either are, or know a vet in their circle of family and friends. Every contact with your employees, reminding them of the free, confidential help available to vets and even active duty military and their family and caregivers, is a chance to significantly better their lives and that of those around them at no cost to the company.
Please consider a Veteran’s Awareness Day. Let us do as many 20-30 minute on-site or e-presentations as you need to cover all your employees. We will provide as many of our KnowAVet? outreach cards, holders, and posters as you need. You can post a note on a week’s pay receipt or in your e-newsletter, and every other way you can think of to help veterans come in from the mostly hidden pain they suffer every day and night. We will be happy to design and produce material for you.
- You or your company may be members of associations, schools, faith based or other organizations. You can invite us to speak at an event, or ask them to allow us to provide veteran’s outreach material to them. We need every voice and heart, in order to help get the word out to every veteran from WWII to those returning today, that there is help to get back to living their healthiest, happiest, most productive life.
- Putting our contact info on your vehicles as a billboard to passersby showing your support can help.
- If you have delivery service or sales people, allow them to carry a few of our outreach cards, in case they come in contact with a vet or their family member.
- If you have a retail outlet, let us supply register display cardholders for a month.
- Add your own ideas here!
- Or, how about sponsoring an event? Give us a ring to discuss options.
Picture a combat vet returning home after several deployments, trying to re-integrate into a civilian life that is no longer comfortable for him/her. You have no job, no income, you have trouble sleeping, and you don’t know where or how to connect with people who have no idea who you are anymore and what you have had to do and see for them!
Funding for the outreach and information programs we do for ourselves and other organizations does NOT come from the VA. It is all from private donations to Know A Vet.
You can support our work, helping those who have risked their lives to save ours and our way of life.
Any amount will be greatly appreciated. To support all our programs please make checks payable to and mail to:
Know A Vet
211 Hope Street
P. O. Box 698
Mountain View CA 94042
Make a One-time or Monthly Donation
We are a nonprofit corporation registered in California. EIN# 82-1566302