The San Jose Vet Center Is The #1 Vet Center In The Nation! Please click on the menus at the top of the page, to learn more about the services they and the VA offer our Vets. And learn more at the WELCOME HOME VETS page.
PLEASE HELP GIVE A LIFE BACK TO A VET!
With 16 events a year, we need volunteers to help with;
- Traffic Control
- Data Entry
- Office assistance, from greeting to correspondence and follow up
- Outreach to Vets and/or Volunteers
- Just about any skill you are willing to share
To talk with Know A Vet, about how you can help, please use this form, or contact us at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet
No amount of advertising will ever replace the voice of a friend.
From talking with someone one-on–one, to talking with any group, or giving out cards with the San Jose Vet Center contact information so that others who may know of a vet who is having trouble at work or with drinking or drugs or pain or making the rent or with relationships, can pass them on.
Perhaps it is talking to your employer or school about reaching out to vets on their staff, or hiring a Vet?
- You or we can talk with, or make presentations to groups you may be part of, such as PTA, Faith Group, Book Club, service organizations, etc., to help reach out to veterans who deserve a better life.
- Contacting stores, colleges,, etc., to make appointments to talk with them.
- Putting posters in store windows
- You can be part of our outreach team, doing data and mailing work, or speaking with groups, businesses, or faith based organizations.
- Putting posters and business cards on a company bulletin board and tracking them for refills. Of course the business will have already agreed to let you do it.
- Your turn. Suggest any way you can think of to get the word out that there is a better life possible for vets.
Please call Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet, or use this email form, for suggestion on how and what to say. You will even have our business cards to hand out so people don’t have to remember where to go.
Back to the top
The “Extras” that we provide for the San Jose Vet Center and other organizations does NOT come from the VA. It is all from private donations to Friends of the Vet Center.
The staff of the San Jose Veterans Center are government employees. They are legally prohibited from directly soliciting contributions of any kind, including the money necessary to put on up to 16 events a year we provide for them. Those and many other programs we have developed do not fall under the strict guidelines of the VA. But, they are all part of the extras that make the San Jose Vet Center the #1 in the country.
That work includes: providing clothing so that a Vet can go into an interview with confidence; finding temporary support in the forms of food, transportation, babysitting, computers, phones, etc.
YOU can support our work, helping those who have served, to return to civilian life!
Any amount will be greatly appreciated.
NO monetary donations should ever be given to anyone claiming to represent Friends of the Vet Center, Know A Vet, or the San Jose Vet Center itself.
Or, you can send a checks payable to and mail to:
Know A Vet
211 Hope Street
Mountain View, CA 94042
And please remember to ask your employer if they have matching funds. MANY companies do, and that can double your donation as well as putting Friends of the Vet Center and Know A Vet on their radar.
KNOW A COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION?
If you work for a company or belong to an organization there are other ways you might be able to help.
If you go to those organizations, you may be able to promote employment or internships of veterans, or outreach and networking, sponsorship, etc.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Just give Know A Vet a call at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet or send us this email form and we will help you plan your discussion, and if you like, we will go with you to back you up with full details.
Back to the top